9/01/2010

Life is passing on by

School is starting in 5 days, I am looking forward to getting back into a routine and seeing all the teenagers again. For those who don't know...or know me personally here is a quick run down of my job. I work in a self-contained alternative High school program. I work with at risk youth who have not been attending school for various reasons. These kids deal with a variety of issues but mainly poverty, alcohol/drug abuse, learning disabilities and a variety of mental health disabilities. I love my students, our class only takes 10-12 students and they are between the ages of 14-16. They are challenging and fun and I adore them. When I have a bad morning I forget about it within the first 15 minutes of my day. When I was doing IUI and having to go back and forth from work my kids were so worried something was wrong. Their concern was such a big reward.....

Life continues to move forward day by day. I am thinking about my infertility less and less and more about saving money for IVF. It is almost as if I can let the cost of IVF drive me for awhile, the quest for fertility itself can take a backseat. We are meeting with our IVF nurse a week from now. We will find out much more about the process and what our expectations should be. I am still very comfortable waiting until February/March for IVF. It just feels right.
 I am also looking forward to finding a part time job. I am hoping to get a job at Smart Set or Indigo. Of course my family is not as happy about me getting a part time job. My parents have offered to pay for as much as the IVF as needed and don't want me to put myself under the stress of two jobs but I need to feel like I am contributing as much as I can. I feel like it is my body that is not working properly, that can't get pregnant so I need to help pay for that.

Well tomorrow is a PD day so it is a day of meetings. YUCK. but it is what it is.

Later Skaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!