9/07/2011

Day 6 - IVF

Today is a rough day,

I went to my clinic this morning and discovered my body is not moving along the way we would like it to be. I currently have three follicles on the right ovary and none on the left. Dr. E needs to see more growth. I have had my pruegon bumped up to 300 and will be doing menepur as well, at a dosage of 150. Of course Suprefact continues each morning. I will do these meds tonight and tomorrow and go in for ultrasound on Friday to see how much growth has happened.
Dr. E will go ahead with IVF if there is 6 or more follies. If not we will convert to IUI. He told me that a long protocol with Suprefact can sometimes lead to suppression of follies but that can only be discovered through the process....If we do another round of IVF then we will do a short protocol hoping for better results.

So, how do I feel about this. Shitty, crumby, angry, sad, and disappointed along with a variety of other feelings....When you are using your body as a pin cushion you expect it to respond. When it doesn't well...you end up feeling how I feel (see above).

I am really hoping that over the next two days my body kicks into gear and gets some follies going. If any of you IVFers out there have tips pass them along!!!!!

xxoo

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hoped for better response for you! But don't give up hope yet, sluggish ovaries have been known to kick in at the last minute before : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear things aren't going as quickly as your doc would like, but hopefully that extra dose will make all the difference. Hoping for good news on Friday.

    Hang in there, it's not over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COME ON FOLLIES!! Get your butts moving!

    Hopefully they heard me loud and clear. And that you get fantastic news on Friday. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No tips, but he is right, there is only one way to know and that is to try. However, my friend did IVF and she got only two follicles initially, then after a few days she ended up with six, did the retrieval, and now has a son. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hope those follies shape up with the additional meds!!! Everything's crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!