1/31/2010

a cold day

Yes it is a cold day....it is windy, cold and snowy...for friends, family and readers who are in warm weather I am very JEALOUS!!!!!!!

So my topic is purusharthas...they are four pillars of life. Dharma (duty, ethics), artha (prosperity, wealth), kama (pleasure), moksha (pursuit of liberation)....To help me focus on me I am going to go through each one on different days....so today is Dharma

What is my role in this world?
I think I have many roles...wife, daughter, sister, friend, student. I am a caregiver for the students I work with and I am a mother...just waiting for a child.

What are my obligations, which ones feel right?
My first reaction is that I have no obligations...but I know that this is not true. I have obligations to my family to be there to support them, I am obligated to keep my house clean and working. I need to go to work and do a good job. I feel obligated to go beyond my job description to support my students..to be honest I feel all of these are right. When I am not doing these things I feel like I am not holding up my end of the bargin in life.

When am I serving the highest good, what am I doing?
The greatest good I can serve is to be a mother I believe that this is why I will get pregnant...because I am meant to help guide another little soul. Currently when I am working with my students is very important. The kids I work with are at risk and in desperate need of support and love. They require guidance it is my honour to work with them.

Am I on the path for the good?
yes, yes, yes. I am working very hard to help my little family grow and I work very hard in my job.

How can I best serve the world around me?
I believe by looking after myself and taking time to practice yoga, go to the gym and trainer and giving myself time I will be a better person for it. I think it allows me to be prepared to meet my obligations and allows me to have the energy to do my job and to prepare for my life as a mother.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed, (and not sound too much like a mother) proud of you! You really seem to have it all: good out-look on life and the future, great introspection on who you are and the kind of person you want to be, spiritual peace, and physical exersice. I think this was a really awesome post!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!